Name: Li Zheng
Doctor in marine biology, Professor
Marine Ecology Research CenterFirst Institute of Oceanography, Ministry of Natural Resources
No. 6 Xianxialing Road, Qingdao, P. R. China 266061
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
09/2001- 07/2004: Ph.D in Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China.
09/1998- 07/2001: M.S. in Marine Biology, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
09/1994- 07/1998: B. S. in Marine Ecology, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
03/2007- Present: Professor, work for the First Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration. Research in environmental application and ecological function of marine microorganisms.
03/2013-04/2014: Visiting scholar in Institute of Marine and Environmental technology,University of Maryland. Research in the Quorum sensing relationship between microalgae and their associated microbe.
08/2004- 02/2007: Post doctor in the First Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration. Research in marine natural products and environmental microbiology.
My works are mainly focused on application of marine microorganisms (including marine bacteria and microalgae) in environment and bioenergy:
1. Bioremediation technology for marine spilled oil and its mechanism.
2. The ecological function of marine bacteria with quorum sensing system.
3. Bioenergy from marine microalgae.
Research Projects (In the past ten years)
As presider, I preside the following projects:
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China: Regulation of algae-bacteria interactions trigged by quorum sensing and its exit mechanism of marine Roseobacter. (41776176). Period covered: 1/1/18-12/31/21
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China: The algicidal effect of marine microalgae associated bacteria and regulation mechanism based on quorum sensing (41076108). Period covered: 1/1/11-12/31/13
3. National Natural Science Foundation of China: Chemical defense of sponge associate bacterium Pseudoalteromonas piscicida NJ6-3-1 induced by quorum sensing signals(20602009). Period covered: 1/1/07-12/31/09
4. The National Key Research and Development Program of China: R&D of technology and equipment for invasive species from ballast water. (2017YFC1404604). Period covered: 8/1/17-8/1/21
5. Bohai 19-3 platform oil spill compensation project: Ecological Restoration of Coastal Wetland in Beidaihe. Period covered: 10/09/16-10/09/18
6. The Project of Basic Science and Technology: Rapid detection technology for ecological toxicity of marine pollution based on photobacterium (2012FY130300). Period covered:5/1/12-4/30/15
7. Public Welfare Project of Marine Industry: Biodiesel preparation and exploitation from marine microalgae (200805039). Period covered: 7/1/08-8/31/11
8. Public Welfare Project of Marine Industry: Identification and bioremediation of marine oil spill (200705011). In charge of bioremediation part. Period covered:7/1/07-8/31/10
9. Marine Renewable Energy Funds Project: Research on biodiesel production from marine microalgae coupled with CO2 emission reduction (GHME2001SW02). Period covered:1/1/11-12/31/13
2005 Award of Excellent doctoral Dissertation of Shandong Province
2008 Second Prize of Marine Innovation Achievement Award
2009 Second Prize of Qingdao Science and Technology award
2011 The Honorary Title of the Excellent Technology Youth in Marine Systems of SOA
2014 Second Prize of Marine Science and Technology award
2015 The 10th Qingdao Youth Science and Technology Award
Publications （First author and corresponding author）
1. Wendan Chi, Li Zheng*, Changfei He, et al., Quorum sensing of microalgae associated marine Ponticoccus sp. PD-2 and its algicidal function regulation, AMB Express, 2017, 7:59 (DOI: 10.1186/s13568-017-0357-6)
2. Shuai Wang, Li Zheng *, Zhisong Cui, Junhui Chen, Baijuan Yang, Xiaotian Han,Chenguang Liu. Cloning and molecular characterization of a delta-6 fatty acid desaturase gene from Isochrysis sp. CCMM5001, J Appl Phycol. 2016, 28（2）：921–929（SCI，IF=2.492）
3. Li Zheng, Zhisong Cui, Luyan Xu, Ryan J. Powell, Russell T. Hill，2015, Draft Genome Sequence of Rhodobacteraceae strain PD-2, an algicidal bacterium with a quorum sensing system isolated from the marine microalga Prorocentrum donghaiense. Genome Announc 3(1):e01549-14. doi:10.1128/genomeA.01549-14.
4. Xiangxing Gao, Wei Gao, Zhisong Cui, Bin Han, Peihua Yang, Chengjun Sun ,Li Zheng*,Biodiversity and degradation potential of oil-degrading bacteria isolated from deep-sea sediments of South Mid-Atlantic Ridge, Marine Pollution Bulletin. 2015，97:373-380
5. Zhisong Cui, Guangsu Xu, Wei Gao, Qian Li, Baijuan Yang, Guanpin Yang, Li Zheng*. Isolation and characterization of Cycloclasticus strains from Yellow Sea sediments and biodegradation of pyrene and fluoranthene by their syntrophic association with Marinobacter strains. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation. 2014, 91:45-51
6. Wei Gao, Zhisong Cui, Qian Li, Guangsu Xu, Xingjun Jia, Li Zheng.*, Marinobacter nanhaiticus sp. nov., polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-degrading bacterium isolated from the sediment of the South China Sea, Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, 2013,103(3):485-491
7. Cui Z, Xu G, Li Q, Gao W, Zheng L*. Genome Sequence of the Pyrene- and Fluoranthene-Degrading Bacterium Cycloclasticus sp. Strain PY97M. Genome Announc. 2013 Aug 1;1(4). pii: e00536-13. doi:10.1128/genomeA.00536-13.
8. Zhisong Cui, Wei Gao, Qian Li, Guangsu Xu, Li Zheng.*, Genome Sequence of the Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon-Degrading Bacterium Strain Marinobacter nanhaiticus D15-8WT, Genome Announcement, 2013, 30; 1(3):e00301-13.
9. Bai-Juan Yang, Li Zheng.*, Xiao-Tian Han, Ming-Gang Zheng, Development of TLC–FID technique for rapid screening of the chemical composition of microalgae diesel and biodiesel blends，Fuel，2013, 111: 344–349.
10. Minggang Zheng, Kepeng Liang, Bo Wang, Xiuqin Sun, Yanyan Yue, Wenwen Wan,Li Zheng *，Isolation and characterization of an enoyl-acyl carrier protein reductase gene from microalga Isochrysis galbana, Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 2013, 31(2): 398-406
11. Minggang Zheng, Yanyan Yue, Wenwen Wan, Kepeng Liang, Li Zheng *, Cloning and stress-respondent transcription of 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase gene of Isochrysis galbana (Haptophyta), J Appl Phycol (2013) 25:695-702.
12. Zheng L., Chen J.H, Zhao H.Q, Shi Q., Yang B.J., Cheng H.Y., Zang J.Y., Wang X.R.,2012, Rapid finding and quantification of the major antioxidant in water extracts of three marine drug organisms from China by on-line HPLC-DAD/MS-DPPH. Natural Product Research, 26(9): 873-877.
13. Zheng L., Jiang F.H., Ma G.R., Zhuang Q.F. and Li F., 2011, Hydrogen Peroxide Sensor Based on Horseradish Peroxidase Combined with CaCO3 Microspheres and Gold Nanoparticles. Chemical Research in Chinese Universities, 27(5): 875-879.
14. Guo X.C., Zheng L.*, Zhou W.H., Cui Z.S., Han P., Tian L. and Wang X.R., 2011, A case study on chemical defense based on quorum sensing: antibacterial activity of sponge-associated bacterium Pseudoalteromonas sp. NJ6-3-1 induced by quorum sensing mechanisms. Annals of Microbiology, 61: 247~255.
15. Zheng L., Jiang F.H., Dong P.J, Zhuang Q.F. and Li F., 2010, Preparation of spherical silica-supported biosorbent for copper ions removal in wastewater based on sol-gel reaction and simple treatment with sodium hydroxide. Chemical Research in Chinese Universities, 26 (3): 355~359.
16. Zheng L., Yan X.J., Han X.T., Chen H.M., Lin W., Lee S.C. F., Wang X.R., 2006, Identification of norharman as the cytotoxic compound produced by the sponge (Hymeniacidon perleve) associated marine bacterium Pseudoalteromonos piscicida and its apoptotic effect to cancer cell. Biotechnology & Applied Biochemistry, 44:135~142.
17. Zheng L.，Han X.T.，Yan X.J.，Yu Z.M.，Wang X.R., 2006, The primary study on algicidal activity of marine bacteria associated with marine macroorganisms. Advances in Marine Science, 24(4): 511-519. (in Chinese)
18. Zheng L., Yan X.J., Xu J.L., Chen H.M., Lin W., 2005, Hymeniacidon perleve associated bioactive bacterium Pseudomonas sp. NJ6-3-1. Appl. Biochem. Microbiol.41: 29~33.
19. Zheng L., Chen H.M., Han X.T., Lin W., Yan X.J., 2005, Antimicrobial screening and active compound isolation from marine bacterium NJ6-3-1 associated with the sponge Hymeniacidon perleve. World J. Microbiol. Biotech., 21: 201~206.
20. Zheng L., Han X.T., Chen H.M., Lin W., Yan X.J., 2005, Marine bacteria associated with marine macroorganisms: the potential antimicrobial resources. Ann. of microbiol.55(2): 35~40.