Name: Xinghua Zhou
Address: Research Building No.229
First Institute of Oceanography, Ministry of Natural Resources
No. 6 Xianxialing Road, Qingdao, P. R. China 266061
May/2000-December/2003: Ph.D., Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
September/1992- July/1995: Master, Wuhan University, China
September/1981- July/1985: Bachelor, Wuhan Surveying and Mapping Collage, China
August/1985- May/2000: Assistant Engineer, Engineer (1992), Senior Engineer (1995) and Professor Engineer (1997), The First Institute of Oceanography, SOA. Qingdao, China.
May/2003- December/2014: Research Fellow. Hong Kong Polytechnic University. China
January/2005- Now: Professor Engineer and Director of Marine Engineer Environmental and Geomatics Center, The First Institute of Oceanography, SOA. China.
Marine Geomatics, including Seabed topographic mapping, Marine Geodesy. Marine
remote sensing and Marine GIS, etc.
1. Continental Shelf and EEZ Surveying Project. Period covered: January/1997-December/2000.
2. Seabed Sediment Classification Using Multibeam Sonar Backscatter Data. Period covered: June/2000- December/2004
3. Research on Land Subsidence Monitoring in the Yellow River Delta Project. Period covered: June/2005- October/2008.
4. Chinese Coastal Topographic Survey using Multibeam Sonar. Period covered: January/2007- December/2009.
5. HY-2 Satellite Altimeter Absolute Calibration and Valuation in Orbit Collaborating with TUC Greece. Period covered: January/2010- December/2012.
6. Research on Seamless Vertical Datum Construction of South China Sea. Period covered: January/2014- December/2017.
1. First preliminary results for the absolute calibration of the Chinese HY-2 altimetric mission using the CRS1 calibration facilities in West Crete, Greece. Advances in Space Research. 2016.57(1): 78–95.
2. Absolute calibration of HY-2, Jason-2 and Saral/AltiKa from China in-situ calibration site: Qian Li Yan. Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, 2015 IEEE. Milan,Italy.
3. Research and the Establishment of the Bohai Sea Separation Model Based on the Model Different Method. Journal of Coastal Research, Special Issue, No. 73 pp. 730-734. 2015.
4. First calibration results of Jason-2 and SARAL/AltiKa satellite altimeters from the Qian li Yan permanent Cal/Val facilities, China. Advanced in Space Research,2017(59): 2831-2842.
5. Xinghua Zhou，Nick Emerson，Yongqi Chen，Multibeam Echosounder Monitoring Surveys for the Yangtze Estuary Dredging，The proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on High-Resolution Surveys in Shallow Water (CD-ROM), Portsmouth New Hampshire, 24-27 Sept. 2001
6. Xinghua Zhou，Yongqi Chen，Nick Emerson and Dewen Du, Art Neural Network for Seafloor Classification of Multibeam Sonar Data, The proceedings of the PACON 2004 International Conference (CD-ROM), Hawaii, 01-05 June. 2004.
7. Xinghua Zhou，Yongqi Chen，Seafloor Classification of Multibeam Sonar Data Using Neural Network Approach, Marine Geodesy,No.25, 2005.
8. Xinghua Zhou，Yongqi Chen，Seafloor Classification of Multibeam Sonar Data: A review, Geo-spatial Information Science, 7(4): 290-296.
9. Qiuhua Tang, Xinghua Zhou，Yongqi Chen，Processing Multibeam Backscatter Data, Marine Geodesy, 28 (3): 251-258.
10. Cuiyu Sun, Xinghua Zhou, Feihu Ma, et al.. A Study on the Construction of Information System in Digital Ocean. WiCOM’2008, 2008.10.